Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lookit Them Guns!



Hello! These are my parents. They're AWESOME. For real!
My mother-- at the tender, new-driver age of 16-- fell for my father when she walked with a friend after school one day to visit with the friend's honeybutt.
Apparently Honeybutt worked at an auto garage, and so did a very bicep-y, dark-haired Scoop of Handsomeness named James.
Upon seeing this fine thang, my mom pooped herself and exclaimed, "That's MINE! Mine, mine MINE!!!"

Well, she didn't poop herself, but she knew immediately who her lobster was. (psst! lobsters mate for life; watch the Discovery Channel once in a while, fool)

So, here they are, Kathleen and James.
The reason I'm here.
The reason I'm happy!
The Divine Combination which conceived and nurtured and taught me to love, laugh, and pass it on.

I LOVE YOU, MOM AND PAPPY!

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

whoo-HOOO...dem are some BIGGUNS. And yer dad's pretty built, too. 8^D

When I was little my dad used to say, 'Feel my muscle.' and when you went to squeeze his bicep (like yer mum's doing) he'd say, 'Not with your hand, with your head.' So you'd do it, and he'd squish yer little kid head like a walnut in a nutcracker.

It was great fun. But now you know why I'm a bit challenged.

8/07/2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Oh, Effie... the wonderful thing about our comraderie is that I NEVER, EVER question why you're a bit more "speshal" than the others, and also drove the Short Bus when you weren't allowed to ride it.

That's why you're my Super Friend!

Bwahhahahahahaaaaaahahahaaaa!

8/07/2006 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photo Lorelei...my Dad is also called James....and My mom is Bridget...is there any Irish in your heritage?

8/08/2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Yup! Plenty. I've been told that my Irish ancestors jumped the Emerald Isle from somewhere in County Clare, Corcoran being the surname.

8/08/2006 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine were from the same County...have you ever visited Ireland...the Guinness is great!
Hope your studies are going well.

8/10/2006 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home