Thursday, September 07, 2006

ASK ME WHY I CARE: An update

About being negligent with my posts, the public diary to I dunno whom?

I really don't. It's just that I have that Catholic Guilt instilled. It's like a freaking homing device.

Either way, I will catch you up-- but more importantly, myself! Yes! Me! Selfish!-- on subjects re:

* The death of my aunt Loretta, The Punkette before The World Knew Punk, and also my mother's closest conspirator and confidante;
* The birth of my little nephew, Ryan Joseph, a tiny, glorious nugget of Irish-Korean dreamery;
* The drunken lady who phoned me one night, who, when I asked who she was, simply told me that she was 'having a night, dahling, and so should you. We're at...' (phone Klaks to floor);
* The motherfucker at the intersection of Central and North Ave., who continually insists on cleaning my windshield with spit and chutzpah. I got nothing for you, man, so stuff it and stop getting Tourette's on me;
* And the fly in its death throes, whapping its own little crap-dancing body against the monitor, again and again. Whatchoo looking for? The tap-shoe for poo you lost somewhere in my house?

8 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Crowder said...

Wow. Somebody pulled the cork and look what all spilled out!

That was quite a piece.

Here's my 2-cents: Sorry to hear about your aunt, congrats on the new nephew, listen to the drunk lady, I suggest pulling a little Tourette's performance on the squeegee guy, and for the luvva might, get rid of the damn fly.

Welcome back!

I'm anxious to hear how the EMT training is going.

9/08/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger MSGT said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/09/2006 1:37 AM  
Blogger MSGT said...

eh, wassup. i got a $100 ticket today for being on 3rd avenue between 3 and 7PM. whatthefuckeveh. cops. feh. so i bought a bottle of knob creek before i delete the police officers credit report online. whassis about EMT? you in a ambulance? i'm seeing a Dennis Leary 'Rescue Me' thingy with you as a female Dennis type? WTFIUWT?

9/09/2006 1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lorelei welcome back...sorry about your Aunt..and hug and kiss that baby all you can..nothing beats that baby breath smell....I hope the EMT study is working out for you...I'm sure it is, you seem to know which way is up with regard to important things...and that Catholic guilt is just something all us quasi irish girls are constantly battling!!

9/10/2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Ol' Crowder-Fart, you gots good wisdom.
I'm sure I'll take you up on yer serving suggestions, like real soon... and Deirdre, thanks. You always have kind words for people. I bet you're fantastico human bean, and I would be delighted to meet you someday! (you're in the UK? or mebbe I'm just high)

As far as my EMT-ness... Hey y'all! I took my national registry exam yesterday! (Saturday)
I believe I passed, as the test itself seemed terribly easy in comparison with our classroom testing and whatnot.

Like we've been almost over-educated.
Or perhaps I got smarter?
I'll poop a little post about that soonly. Word!

9/10/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Uh, Doog-- how interesting for you to find me.

9/10/2006 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

herro!
so niche to shee you backsh. huzzah!

drop the fly in some bourbon, let him die happy. and pickled.

yay!

9/11/2006 5:32 AM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Indeed, Andre/Boro-Man, indeeeed.

You really must give a verbal update on what your traveling plans be, once you hop your frigid ass off the Southern Gulag; for me, here, I was hoping to see you in person sometime before 2008...

Sorta kidding aside, I wish you the absolute bestest in your travels, sir!

Smooch!

9/11/2006 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home