Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11, In Memoriam: But WTF?

Yes, today is the Fifth year commemorating 9/11.

I feel loss.
I feel tired.
I feel horrible.
I feel the wandering unrest of the souls of so many, wondering, "WHY?" and I also know some of those left behind to bury (not many, to my advantage, i suppose), whose earthly lives will never be the same.

They have paled themselves into ghosts, for an unfortunate, obvious reason.

But I have asked myself time and again: What WAS the reason? There is still so much left unanswered.

Even as I watched the newscast with horror, completely dream-like and unfolding ever more surreal, there was a part of me... a humongous part... which felt the whole thing to be orchestrated somehow.

I am not belittling anyone's loss.
Nor am I "unpatriotic". I love my country, and count myself among the grooviest and most blessed, if you will, to have advantage of taking opportunity of... well, a multitude of opportunities.

So if what I'm tapping out here offends you, do yourself a favor and shut the shit off. Go elsewhere. Spend your hate on-- Oh, I dunno, your neighbor?

I still believe in Freedom of Speech. You can tell the next person pissing you off that they are a Right Poo-Eater. Ha! So 6th grade, but I love that one.

I also believe in saving room for Jell-O. You ever heard THAT one?
It's kinda like saying, "Don't raise that middle finger in offense until you've seen it all", or if you're a James Bondie, "Never Say Never".

Really: Do you actually KNOW your neighbor?
For real: Do you trust that the dude you give 50 cents to really needs to catch a bus, like he told you?
No, REALLY: Do you unequivically believe that your government is doing everything in YOUR best interest?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FujppU50EpA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcodzyZIJk&mode=related&search=

3 Comments:

Blogger Old Man Crowder said...

Sing it, sister! I'm with you.

I've often kept my opinions to myself on the whole 9/11 situation because it holds such raw emotion for some folks and my thoughts don't usually mesh with the "in" crowd.

Dare I say that I can actually see why they did what they did? Obviously, I don't condone it in any fashion, but I can certainly understand their reasoning.

I just think it's good to have a little perspective on things -- put yourself in someone else's shoes for a minute.

Let the Canuck bashing begin.

9/12/2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

The thing I don't understand, and what it really appears to be, Mr. Aging Canuck, is that a select network of "Higher Ups" here in our own country not only ALLOWED this shit to happen... but that they engineered it.

There! Let the Lorelei bashing begin.

9/12/2006 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't be bashing either of you people.....like you say OMC some attempt at trying to understand another persons point of view is surely always preferable....here in the UK I am sometimes so ashamed of the behaviour of others (oops did that sound a bit 'holier than thou'..I didnt mean it too)that I wonder if there is any hope for any of us in this world....although I try to remember that we must never, never, give up trying to make things better....

9/13/2006 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home