Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I wants me a tappy-dance, by golly!



I LOVE musicals. I've watched them ravenously with my family since I was a tiny brat.

And I'm never going to apologize to you self-consciously hip, solo-dauncing, emo shoe-gazing poo-eaters.

Oh, my lordy that was so fun to say.

GIMME A DANCE PARTNER! I totally love the human contact! Stumbling and uncoordinated or Not!
Gimme WHACK! Gimme frickin' Giggles! Gimme people tripping over people and having one Hell of a Time!

Life... is not a rehearsal. Let's get messy, my friend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been to a barn dance? it's great! I just LOVE musicals...and my husband does'nt.......so rainy afternoons with a drink and a video and me singing away are special treats..do you have a favourite (or 3)?..I love 'The unsinkable Molly Brown'...and tons of others...

11/01/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

I HAVE been to a barn dance.

A drunken, Greek-sponsored college barf-fest, mind you. But there was hay! And hayrides! Annnd.... a rented horsie roaming around the barn, getting plied with beer (college mentality, gotta love it) and puking and crapping everywhere.

I'd have to say that of all the musicals I've seen, I'm an eternal sucker for "Singing in the Rain". I just love Donald O'Connor, God rest his soul, and that chick who played Lena Lemont.

Oh! and "Cabaret", "All That Jazz", "Fame", "Victor/Victoria", and "Rocky Horror Picture Show".
Yeah, they're all more contemporary, but they still count, right?

PS-- Don't forget that the title of this post is a link to a fabulous little song/dance number from "On the Town"

11/01/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/15/2006 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home