Monday, November 27, 2006

Find The Whaaaaa?

...So my boyfriend's parents came up from Okaleehoma for Thanksgiving, and all was nice, well-fed, good companiness and the lot. We had much good times. However, being hosts to them not from the Big, Windy City, we did find ourselves out on Michigan Avenue on Saturday.

A Holy Hell-hole of Holiday Shopping FRUCK, is what it was.

My hat is off to YOU, whoever you might be, who can stand the lemming-shuffle of throngs and throngs of consumer retards who willingly offer up their souls and personal comfort in pursuit of shoe bargains and perhaps a free sample of "L'Eau D'Executif en Hummer Gasoline Guzzler Ecceleration!".

Whatever.

Never mind my hippie, "just get what you need and not more" frame of mind, mind THIS:




... Can you see the "Find the Joy" stencil on the display window? Yes? OK.
Do they look like they're finding anything? Shit, no. They're too Valled up to look at anything but Pluto.






Your Armani Disco Amazingness has me thinking that when you shop here.... it is proof you have leedle penis.




This cat here was shaking his groove so bad, I felt bad I only had 5 dollars to give. He works for The Salvation Army.
No, really! Muther was Chicken-dancing, and humming, and strutting, and had lights and two fighting Santas on his hat...
...even if I WAS sheisted, he was hands-down the most genuine thing I'd seen all day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one fabulous lady missy...

11/27/2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Thanks! ...although I truly don't know what prompted your compliment...

I calls 'em as I sees 'em? I'm a straight-shooter?
I'm a bonafide city cowgirl?

11/27/2006 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you want to know what prompted the comp? I find it a struggle somedays to have any hope or faith in mankind .... but I do try hard....whereas you exhibit (by words, actions, job etc.,)a genuine and natural care and interest in others .... but not in a 'holy joe' way...keep up the good work!

11/28/2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Awww, you sweet thang, you.
I DO love peoples, for the most part.
I'm one of 'em! I'm like, a professional human! Neato!
I simply think that too many of them stuff themselves with... STUFF... to compensate for all the human emotions to which they, unfortunately, are numb. Why? Dunno.

That's my say, and I'm stickin to my say.

...SO, miss Deirdre... What/When/Where is YOUR slice of free internet blogging? I want to peek in on YOUR existence.

11/28/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

me too!!! (cuz I'm such a rotten correspondent n' all--sorry 'bout that Deirdre.)

I wanna party with the Salvation Army guy. He sounds so groovy.

'Specially the part about the chicken dancing. BawwK-bugAWWK!!!

11/30/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Old Man Crowder said...

Yeah, Deirdre. What SHE said.

11/30/2006 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home