Sunday, December 31, 2006

This Next Year is Yours.

Happy Turning of the Time Thingies!



When I was a kid, I used to deliberately lose myself during family camping trips by wandering out at night to the loneliest spot on the grounds, and sit there with my headphones on, staring at the sky. The stars, the moon, the periodic satellite careening by...wondering what was up there, and whether or not they knew about me and my family.

...So much Bigness. I was in awe.
I'd further freak myself out by finding a picnic table and stretch myself on it on my back. After a short while, it seemed I was plastered to the front a glass ship's cockpit. Where we going? No control! WHOOOOOO!

I'm gonna do that again, real soon.

HAAAPPY NEW YEAR, KIDDIES!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'....so much Bigness' - absolutely!
We did'nt have holidays as such, but there has not been ONE day of my life when I have not made time to gaze at the sky and have always found beauty and peace and AWE....
Health and happiness Lorelei.

1/01/2007 7:33 AM  
Blogger Lorelei said...

Thank you, dear Deirdre! Back at you manifold!

You should come visit us silly American peoples, so you can see just what warmth, intellect, and welcoming belies this whole Bush Dilemma.

Really!

Cheers, health and grooveness
(Happiness is natural outcome)

1/01/2007 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home